Do you want to run the PocketGrib Lite for PC or Mac? In that case, you are in the right place. In this guide, we will show you how to download and install the PocketGrib Lite on your Windows 11/10/8/7 PC or Mac.
The method in this guide will be compatible even with the recent version of Windows. You can also run it even if you are using a 32 or 64 bit OS. Now, to start downloading the PocketGrib Lite on your PC, make sure that you read and follow the guide here to install the said app successfully.
Download PocketGrib Lite for PC (Windows and Mac) Guide
To download the PocketGrib Lite on PC, you’ll have to use an android emulator. For this tutorial, we are going to use either BlueStacks or MEmu. Both of these emulators are powerful and capable of running the PocketGrib Lite on your Windows or Mac.
Method 1: Install PocketGrib Lite on PC Using BlueStacks Emulator
The best emulator as of now is the BlueStacks. This emulator can perfectly run the PocketGrib Lite on your laptop or PC. In order to install this emulator, follow the steps below:
- Download the most recent version of BlueStacks from its official website.
- Once you have the BlueStacks emulator, you can now start installing it. Simply double-click the setup file to start it.
- Now, follow the installation wizard and wait for a while to finish the installation.
- There will be a new shortcut icon on your desktop, this one is the BlueStacks, hover your mouse and double click on it.
- Find the Google Play Store app from the home and log in to your account.
- Now, search for the PocketGrib Lite and click the download button.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- Finally, you have completed the installation of this app on your laptop or computer.
Method 2: Install PocketGrib Lite for PC Using MEmu Emulator
If you want to try an alternative emulator, then we highly recommend the MEmu Player. You can use it to install the PocketGrib Lite on your PC, simply follow the procedure below:
- Get the MEMu from their official website.
- Download the installer and then save it to your desktop.
- Run the installer and install it on your computer.
- Once you completed the installation, open the MEmu Player emulator.
- Open the Google Play Store and log in to your account on it.
- Search for the PocketGrib Lite and start the download.
- After the installation, go to the homepage of the MEmu emulator.
- Find the PocketGrib Lite and start using it.
- Congratulations, you can now use PocketGrib Lite on your PC.
|App Name||PocketGrib Lite|
|Update||August 14, 2016|
|Version||Varies with device|
|Requirement||Varies with device|
FAQs of PocketGrib Lite, Guide, and Its Features
With PocketGrib Lite GRIB file viewer you can easily download, view and analyse global weather data.
Wind, preciptation, pressure, temperature and wave data extracted from GRIB files are displayed through our simple interface.
The Lite version is limited to downloading and viewing 48 hours of forecast data using the GFS weather model to 1° resolution and 6 hour time step. Upgrade to the full version to get up to 8 days of forecast across the full range of weather models with the highest resolution.
This GRIB viewer is perfect for sailors (both sailing and in the pub), windsurfers, storm chasers, outdoor enthusiasts, amateur and professional meteorologists.
– Choose your map location and have weather information overlaid
– Mapped weather can be animated
– Weather can be viewed as a meteogram (graph) or raw data
– Configurable download to minimise file sizes (great for roaming)
– GRIB files can be downloaded to your PC
– Displays online or offline
PocketGrib downloads and displays the following weather types:
– Wind speed and direction (10 m above mean sea level)
– Precipitation (rain, snow etc)
– Air temperature
– Waves (including Mediterranean and Black Sea)
– Cloud cover
– Relative humidity
– CAPE (Convective Atmospheric Potential Energy)
– Current (Atlantic only)
Direct download of GRIB data from NOAA’s GFS (Global Forecast System) model
– Forecasts up to 2 days (full version to 8 days)
– Data steps: 3hr (full version), 6hr, 12hr
– Worldwide Coverage
– Resolution: 0.25° (full version), 0.5° (full version), 1°, 2°
– Data updated 4 times a day (every 6 hours)
The full version also support for COAMPS, WW3, NOGAPS, RTOFS (Currents) and FNMOC WW3 (Mediterranean wave) models.
By downloading only what the user needs it it possible to keep the GRIB files small which makes it especially convenient for low bandwidth regions or when roaming internationally.
GRIB forecasts are published without human intervention or review. Therefore some knowledge and awareness is required by the end user. Most GRIB models do NOT accurately forecast hurricanes and tropical cyclones so their use should be combined with specific hurricane and tropical cyclone forecasts.
The PocketGrib Lite is the property of its developer/inc. The information on this website is coming from Google Play Store. This website is not affiliated with its developers. The trademark, images, logo, company name, and product name are the sole property of its developers.
Also, the apps listed on our website are not hosted on our server. If the visitor uses the “Download” link, there will be an official link pointing to its Play Store page.