Do you want to run the Tor Browser (Alpha) for PC or Mac? In that case, you are in the right place. In this guide, we will show you how to download and install the Tor Browser (Alpha) on your Windows 11/10/8/7 PC or Mac.
The method in this guide will be compatible even with the recent version of Windows. You can also run it even if you are using a 32 or 64 bit OS. Now, to start downloading the Tor Browser (Alpha) on your PC, make sure that you read and follow the guide here to install the said app successfully.
Download Tor Browser (Alpha) for PC (Windows and Mac) Guide
To download the Tor Browser (Alpha) on PC, you’ll have to use an android emulator. For this tutorial, we are going to use either BlueStacks or MEmu. Both of these emulators are powerful and capable of running the Tor Browser (Alpha) on your Windows or Mac.
Method 1: Install Tor Browser (Alpha) on PC Using BlueStacks Emulator
The best emulator as of now is the BlueStacks. This emulator can perfectly run the Tor Browser (Alpha) on your laptop or PC. In order to install this emulator, follow the steps below:
- Download the most recent version of BlueStacks from its official website.
- Once you have the BlueStacks emulator, you can now start installing it. Simply double-click the setup file to start it.
- Now, follow the installation wizard and wait for a while to finish the installation.
- There will be a new shortcut icon on your desktop, this one is the BlueStacks, hover your mouse and double click on it.
- Find the Google Play Store app from the home and log in to your account.
- Now, search for the Tor Browser (Alpha) and click the download button.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- Finally, you have completed the installation of this app on your laptop or computer.
Method 2: Install Tor Browser (Alpha) for PC Using MEmu Emulator
If you want to try an alternative emulator, then we highly recommend the MEmu Player. You can use it to install the Tor Browser (Alpha) on your PC, simply follow the procedure below:
- Get the MEMu from their official website.
- Download the installer and then save it to your desktop.
- Run the installer and install it on your computer.
- Once you completed the installation, open the MEmu Player emulator.
- Open the Google Play Store and log in to your account on it.
- Search for the Tor Browser (Alpha) and start the download.
- After the installation, go to the homepage of the MEmu emulator.
- Find the Tor Browser (Alpha) and start using it.
- Congratulations, you can now use Tor Browser (Alpha) on your PC.
Tor Browser (Alpha)
|App Name||Tor Browser (Alpha)|
|Developer||The Tor Project|
|Update||October 12, 2021|
|Requirement||5.0 and up|
FAQs of Tor Browser (Alpha), Guide, and Its Features
Tor Browser is the only official mobile browser supported by the Tor Project, developers of the world’s strongest tool for privacy and freedom online.
Tor Browser will ALWAYS be free, but donations make it possible. The Tor
Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit based in the US. Please consider making
a contribution today to help us resist the surveillance pandemic. Every
dollar makes a difference.
Learn how to report bugs and provide feedback at https://support.torproject.org/misc/bug-or-feedback/!
Tor Browser isolates each website you visit so third-party trackers and ads can’t follow you. Any cookies automatically clear when you’re done browsing.
DEFEND AGAINST SURVEILLANCE
Tor Browser prevents someone watching your connection from knowing what websites you visit. All anyone monitoring your browsing habits can see is that you’re using Tor.
Tor aims to make all users look the same, making it difficult for you to be fingerprinted based on your browser and device information.
When you use Tor Browser for Android, your traffic is relayed and encrypted three times as it passes over the Tor network. The network is comprised of thousands of volunteer-run servers known as Tor relays. Watch this animation to learn more about how it works:
With Tor Browser for Android, you are free to access sites your local internet service provider may have blocked.
THIS APP IS MADE POSSIBLE BY DONORS LIKE YOU
Tor Browser is free and open source software developed by the Tor
Project, a nonprofit organization. You can help keep Tor strong, secure,
and independent by making a donation. https://www.torproject.org/donate/donate-usetor-gp
Learn more about Tor Browser:
– Need help? Visit https://tb-manual.torproject.org/mobile-tor/.
– Learn more about what’s happening at Tor: https://blog.torproject.org
– Follow the Tor Project on Twitter: https://twitter.com/torproject
– Learn how to report bugs and provide feedback: https://support.torproject.org/misc/bug-or-feedback/
ABOUT THE TOR PROJECT
The Tor Project, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) organization developing free and open source software for privacy and freedom online, protecting people from tracking, surveillance, and censorship. The Tor Project’s mission is to advance human rights and freedoms by creating and deploying free and open source anonymity and privacy technologies, support their unrestricted availability and use, and further their scientific and popular understanding.
Tor Browser is improving with each new release. This release includes critical security improvements. Please read the release notes for more information about what changed in this version. https://blog.torproject.org/new-release-tor-browser-110a6
The Tor Browser (Alpha) is the property of its developer/inc. The information on this website is coming from Google Play Store. This website is not affiliated with its developers. The trademark, images, logo, company name, and product name are the sole property of its developers.
Also, the apps listed on our website are not hosted on our server. If the visitor uses the “Download” link, there will be an official link pointing to its Play Store page.